Monday, March 30, 2015

Scrap Around the World Challenge

Hello All, 
Just getting a page done just in time for the Scrap Around the World challenge for this month, I was very taken by the colour scheme of the fabulous moodboard: 


And here is my take on it:



I tried to keep the page clean honestly! I was going for a minimal look for a change ......I like to test myself!


I have used Gelatos for the background colour with a gorgeous feather stamp from stampendous.


The little mini feathers are from Scrap FX that I have been hoarding, I painted them with gesso first then used the Gelatos as paint for the colour. I felt they were still a little flat so added some thick embossing enamel by Stampendous.


The title chippie is a newbie from Scrap FX, just love the simplicity of it!
The "Just Be..." I used an ink pad to colour then did the same technique on the feather as the minis. The YOU I used the mini alphabet by Scrap FX, it looked a little heavy/strong being flat black so I added the embossing enamel to lighten it up a little.


The splatters I made with some Izink acrylic Ink and then  doodled a little and I was done!


It was very hard to stop at that but I think I am getting a little better at knowing when to call the page done!
Thanks for stopping by and thanks Scrap Around the World for a fabulous mood board!

6 comments:

  1. Adorable layout! I also love those soft colors! Thank you for joining the SATW challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning layout ! beautiful background I love the feathers. Thank you for joining us at SATW challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful. I especially adore those feathers! Thank you for playing with us at SATW <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Michelle! Stunning layout!!
    Thank you for playing at Scrap Around The World!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous layout! I love your background! Love that one stamp :) Great layers! Love it! All the best from SATW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely awesome! Thank you for playing along with us this month at Scrap Around the World!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know you were here!