Monday, August 31, 2015

Art Journal Play!

Hi Everyone, 
I have had very little time to Blog lately because I have been a little obsessed with playing in my art Journal!
So here is a warning....this is a long post with lots of pics!
So without further ado this is what I have been doing lately, you may even see a theme.....Music....I was really inspired by the latest release by Scrap FX! 

Page 1:


I used the lace as a stencil again with the left over gold impasto I used for my video tutorial a few posts back. I really hate to waste left over paint and will often just smash it on another journal page to use it up! 

 

I used old telephone book pages in the background, I love how thin they are and they are full of lovely text. Once again the Music Collage Stamp from Scrap FX made an appearance!
Finished with a Dina Wakley girl and a Tim Holtz Quote Stamp.

 Page 2:

Used more of that Gold Impasto, this time with the Marrakech Stencil by Scrap FX on a printed tissue background.

Lots of stamps, ink and gorgeous bright paint!


And yes, that music collage stamp features yet again!

Page 3:

New colour scheme this time and look ....no gold (must have run out)!
I painted the background with my fingers then used white paint with the foam stamp to create a "ghost" effect. 

I randomly used a Tim Holtz Background script stamp over the paint to finish the background.

The Treble Clef is a new release chipboard piece, that I fell in love with! I painted it black and added a touch of white.
Finished it all off by using an old alpha stamp and some letter Stickers from my stash, then some of my own scrawl.

Page 4: 

Last one I promise! No music this time!

 This one was a very quick one playing with paint, stencils and a stamp or 2!


I really just threw stuff on the page for this one and used a sponge to apply the black Gesso over a Scrap FX Stencil. The small amount of texture is light molding paste through another stencil.

 The text is a Donna Downey Stencil and the hand is a Tim Holtz Stamp.
And that is all, so glad you made it to the end???
Until next time, do more of what makes you Happy!

2 comments:

  1. Looking gorgeously colourful and full of wonderful bits and bobs. The lace as a stencil works a treat! Love the 'let it be' one....got me singing as well as seeing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Thanks Lizzy, have to admit to singing everytime I see that Chippy too!

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know you were here!