Thursday, August 13, 2015

The Sound of Music

Have you taken a peek at the new products over at Scrap FX
I have to say I love all the music themed gear and now have a new favourite stamp, that I have used on just about everything I have touched this month, so the next few posts could have a common element....just sayin'!
So I thought I would show a page I did for Scrap FX this month.
Here 'tis:


I am loving using the black card as a background for a change, it makes the colours and the photo really  pop!

  
The photo features my eldest, who seriously is musically challenged. However he did volunteer for photos when my youngest (who has had all the expensive lessons) refused (story of my life when it comes to the boys.....gotta pick my moments!)


So as you can see I started with a good spattering of Gesso, then a splash of colour using Lindy's Sprays. Then I went to town with that stamp I was telling you about earlier..... Scrap FX Music Collage Stamp....do yourself a favour....get your hands on one....it is awesome!
I have used it here with black StazOn and did a little embossing with the gold enamel by Stampendous as well to make the pattern pop!


I also outlined the embossed images with a white Posca Paint pen to make them a little more dimensional.

 Then we come to my favourite chippy of the release...Music Symbol Collage! It complements the stamp perfectly. All I did with it was a coat of Gesso and a splash of the sprays I used on the background and a smattering of the embossing enamel!


The title is an equally awesome Wordlet that I cut to fit my needs! 
And the LO was done!!
Hope you like it, till next time, Happy Scrappin'!!!

6 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know you were here!