Sunday, September 11, 2011

Inspiration Challenge at "Get Picky"

A Big September Hello to All,

I Love Love Love Spring (except for the arrival of pesky hayfever) the promise of sunshine to come just makes me so much happier than the chilly Winter Blues!

In this frame of mind, I came across the inspiration Challenge over at Get Picky, it was so eye catching and summery. I had to break out of my "Boy Mode" and do something completely Girly (as Girly as I can be anyway, not a fan of pink). Being girly is not my Forte' as you all know but sometimes it is good to get out of the comfort zone (even if it does take you a week to get it right!!!!!). So here is the awesome inspration:


And here is the LO that took forever to do, I think this is because, in all my enthusiasm, I had no idea where I was going with it, I just knew I wanted to DO IT!!!!


I started by splashing a bit of paint around, and stamped with it as well to add to the distressed background.

Look! I even added some fussy cutting ...... of flowers!



Still have my button obsession, you don't know what it took to actually place that butterfly button on a page, I really thought I needed to bond with it more! (Does anyone else have this need to hoard embellishments? Please say yes and make me feel better about myself!)

Used this awesome frame from my friends over at Scrap FX, it is a new one and comes in 2 sizes this is the smaller one.
 A Wordlet also from Scrap FX was just perfect with a bit of paint on it. I used those paint dabbers for the first time and they work a treat! Gotta get me some more of them!




A few more flowers and the job was done. It worked out a little busier than I wanted it to be but I am a girl that does not know when to stop I guess!

So, on to the next challenge, gotta'  go trawl the sites to find something that catches my eye!
Till then Spring Cheer to all,

5 comments:

  1. Michelle I came across your blog via get picky. I 'm following you know. This is stunning layout. Love the colours and your background is just amazing. Love your work x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! Thanks for playing with us at Get Picky...x

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your take on the get picky inspiration!! just a beautiful layout with lots of texture!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, your paint work on that gorgeous chipboard is AWESOME, and this layout is STUNNING! I really love the feel of it, the design/balance as well as the beautiful art techniques! Great layout and wonderful take on the Get Picky challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know you were here!