Saturday, November 5, 2011

Bird is The Word Challenge: "WISH"

Back again, this time with my first attempt at a challenge over at 
The word was "WISH".

As I had just completed a deep and meaningful page for my eldest I thought Bay (my youngest and in dire need of words of advice!!!) could be my target this time :



I just received this wonderful screen from ScrapFX and love, love, loved it so much I used it as a mask for the background as well as a part of the LO. I was really surprised at how well this chippie stood up to a lot of product and still remained in tact and incredibly flat!!! So much so that I want another one just to use as a mask, it creates such a sharp image because the chipboard soaks up the colour. It does not run under the mask like some of the plastic ones.... don't get me wrong I still love the look the plastic gives but it is cool to have options!!!!

 
I continued, in my slap happy way, with the Tim Holtz Crackle paint. Sprayed and inked after it worked its magic to bring out that grungy look!
 Buttons glorious buttons where would I be without them?
I also pulled apart a beaded necklace and bunged them on with my dodgy sewing skills!
The quote I found was perfect, this is as "mushy" as I get, but that was the mood I was in.
I had a week where Bay was an only child, with his brother away on camp and he was an angel! It was so peaceful, no fighting or arguing... ahh ..... Bliss!


 Oh you're dreaming girl! .... sigh ..... he is back now so wake up!!! (Only joking!!!)

I misted the letters first with the green then after drying sprayed with Mr Hueys calico white, love this stuff it is so opaque and shows up on anything!

So there you have it  hugs to all and thanks for dropping by!




4 comments:

  1. HI.. this is beautiful.. i love the journalling.. how very much we wish that for our children.. and the writing is beautiful.. is that your hand writing.. it is so neat if it is!! lovely design too.. a great take on the challenge..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just sensational. The journaling is close to home for me with my eldest boy and I just love the misting and that chipboard piece is wonderful. What a great design and a fabulous boy page. Thanks for joining us at BITW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your journaling and the design! GREAT job!!!Thanks for sharing your work with us at BITW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all that misting and masking!! Gorgeous page! Thanks for playing along at BITW :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know you were here!