Saturday, November 5, 2011

Words of Wisdom

Ok did this Lo just for, no challenges involved and no direction, and this is the result:
 My eldest has just turned 14, he is growing up so quickly but still endures hugs from his Mum. Made lots of clusters and used the new Keys and Locks from ScrapFX.

 I treated all the chipboard the same way, slapping on Tim Holtz Crackle paint in Picket Fence, waited for the magic to begin then distressed it with mist and ink to bring out the crackle.


Used some old Hambly transparencies just because I really need to use them, not hoard them!


Even tried my hand at crochet! Love all the crochet flowers that are going around but they are still flowers and for boys???? I don't think so... So the solution was to try and "Macho up" the old crochet, so they are really just circles or maybe buttons anyway they add to the texture of the cluster without being Girlie! ( I won't tell you what comments my boys made while I was making these..... but it was along the lines of old Granny!!!)



  Another cluster and I am lovin' the new ScrapFX Locks and keys! Although the key here is a metal one I distressed with Stazon ink.



And lastly my words of wisdom???? I hope at some stage he takes this to heart! Thanks to all who drop by and a special hug to those that leave a comment, you make my day!!!

3 comments:

  1. A beautiful lo. I have a 15 yr old son and I have a hard time making masculine embellies. I love the crocheted circles, I'll give it a try. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. I really like the clustering of embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love this ~ with 2 boys of my own I know how hard boy LO's are ~ & I think you've done a FAB job with making the lace into boy-lace!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know you were here!