Friday, September 28, 2012

A Skissedilla Quickie

Hey All,
 Just thought I would share a LO that I did for Sketch #177 over at Skissedilla. This is the first time I have given this Sketch Challenge site a go, I generally find it very hard to "stick" to a sketch once I get going!!
But Hey, thats the nature of a challenge right? So I gave it a shot whilst trying to channel my inner minamalist!
Here is the sketch:
undefined


And here is my take on that sketch.... think a little out of the box! The subject of the page is my gorgeous girl "Shyloh".

All the chippies are Scrap FX
 I started by turning the sketch around a little I guess you could say! (told you I struggle). The background I did a little experiment with embossing powders. And yes I manged to get a feather in there on a dog page, go figure!!!

The letter stickers are from Studio Calico, combined with
Chippies: Mini Retro Flower and Dog Wordlet Theme Pack make up the Title. 
 I just gave the Frame a spray and added a splash of Gesso.

A cluster of bits and pieces sprayed over with
Calico White Mister Hueys ties it all together.
 I just had to add some Washi Tape and my own "Scribble" to finish it off. At this point I had to try not to "overdo" as I was going for a bit of a minimalist look.... another thing I struggle with..... knowing when to STOP!!!

Along with the feather thing I cannot seem to do a page without a bit of tangled thread!
Well that is about all from me, thanks for dropping by,
See you all again soon!

3 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful and adorable! The title gives me a giggle :) Thanks so much for joining me and the Skissedilla fun this week! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it all!!!!! I have gotta get me some of that tape!!! gorgeous pet page!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this page! It's kinda minimalistic and at the same time full of details:-)

    thanks for playing along at Skissedilla this week:-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know you were here!