Monday, October 15, 2012

Busy Birthday Month

Wow! What a busy month we have been having..... it seems every weekend there is a birthday happening. All I have been doing is making cards and then neglecting everything else..... so I thought I would share what I have been doing before giving them away.
I always forget to take shots of the cards I make, so must remember to do that.
Here are 2 that I did not forget.

The first is a Baby Girl card, which I do find hard because well I am just not that girlie and my style (if I had one) is not that pretty!


I used an embossing folder to add some dimension to the pink card stock, then some scraps from that endless stash of mine, to create a simple background. I tend to stick to very simple designs for my cards as I am usually in a hurry to get them done in time to give!

The Baby Carriage is from Scrap FX in a baby accessory pack.
 I painted up the carriage, then drew in some details with a pen and finally added some pearls to make it a little bit "Special". Lastly the stamped sentiments are mounted with some foam tape to make them pop!

Now for the next card.... for a Teenage Boy.
Yes my eldest turned 15 this month Arrgh! But that is another story.
I know a lot of people struggle with the whole teen thing, and I know they are not into cards, but I do persist!!
All his mates get the same treatment and I do cop some grief, but as I said, I am persistant and I know each one I have given has been kept!!!


 When faced with a teen card, I treat it like a journal page background, then customize as I go. If I am giving $$$ or a Voucher I often make a pocket somewhere on the card as well.

Gotta Love the Lanky Apha from Scrap FX!!
I started this BG by misting a stencil from Crafters Warehouse, then randomly stamping with BG stamps from Studio Calico and Stampendous. I then used an Alphabet stencil with a black paint dauber to add the letters, grunged up the chippy alphas and I was done!

I think he liked it, but I am sure he found what the card was attached to far more appealing!!!!

That's it from me for now, I am going to try to get back to my long neglected journal.... it is gathering dust under a pile of scrap papers!!!
Stay Happy!!!

2 comments:

  1. Love both cards! I forget to post cards all of the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your cards are as great as your layouts!
    Ingrid xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know you were here!