Sunday, December 2, 2012

Guest Designer Gig at Scrap Friends!!!

So excited to get a guest designer gig at Scrap Friends for this Month!! They have awesome sketches that really inspire!  So why not head over there now and check out the wonderful creations on display?
They are also having a DT call right now,  maybe I will give it a shot... (thinking) as the sketches they produce really appeal, how about you????
Here is the very "Christmassy" sketch......



And here 'tis....


When I took the photos it was a little on the gloomy side so my apologies for that, but you get the idea right?


Very Christmassy for me!!
Doing a December daily last year (incomplete by the way) really put me off doing any Christmas pages..... until I got this sketch.
It has sparked my interest once again. I may even finish the daily off now!!!


Of course  ScrapFX chippies featured big time. I also used the palm frond stencil to make it look like the tree continued from the photo in the BG.


Dragged out a few old stamp sets to use as embellishments as I tend to steer clear of buying themed elements due to the lack of versatility!


The retro Mini Flowers I thought looked a little like snow flakes!!!












 Thanks for joining me, hope to see you again soon!



6 comments:

  1. This was one of my favourites when I was checking out the DT reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was sooo pleased to see you as GD & I adore these colours...yes! Get that mini done....have to ask..is that gesso on the bg with the feathery leafy bits? Or an ink? It loos sooo Christmassy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies for the great feedback! Lizzy, that BG is texture paste first then a spray of gesso. Thanks again lovelies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping you can help. I tried to send an email to scrap fx for the dt call but it fails. Is there another email address I can try? Thanks. kath042@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know you were here!