Friday, February 28, 2014

Last Challenge for the Month!

Back again with another LO for a challenge over at Page Drafts
This time I just made it in time, so it was a little bit of a rush but it was fun. I onlyjust discovered the treasures of this site a couple of weeks ago, but I had to find time to participate .... their sketches are just awesome!!
Check out this super sketch (it is only one of many amazing sketches to be found on this site):


Now everyone knows I do not deal with pink too well, but something about this sketch caught my eye and got the creative juices flowing.  After looking over all my pages last year I am trying to break away from the Blues and greens that were (For me) very 2013! Cannot say I will never resort back to my favourite colour scheme, but am trying out a few varieties at least. So lets get on with it shall we?



The theme for the challenge was Valentines.... another topic I struggle with, it seems 2014 is the year of challenging myself!
I have used a photo of my better half in his happy place. Surfing makes him feel young again and now that the boys surf with him, he has an absolute ball! 
Here are a few detail shots:


I am so in love with the Basic Grey Persimmon paper line, I have been hoarding it for a while so it was time to use it, love all the greys and neutral tones!


I have used Scrap FX Chevron stencil and scribble circle foam stamp, Gesso, ink, Graphic45 stamps and embossing powder on the background for my usual very messy look.

 


The chipboard scribble words make a great title with a little ink and embossing powder.


Love the look of random bits of embossing powder on the background.

 
Well that is about all from me for the month, see you next time and thanks so much if you leave a little love!! 
I do appreciate that you have taken the time to comment!

Michelle

1 comment:

  1. This looks wonderful.. love the details on your back ground. a great blokey page..love the embossing powder on the back ground, reminds me of sand from the beach.. must have fallen out of your photo!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know you were here!