Tuesday, April 1, 2014

A Romantic Month at Scrap FX


A big Hello to everyone!
A new month of Scrap FX goodies have arrived and here is what I have been playing with so far!

Damask Stencil
Damask Stencil

I have already done a project with the Damask stencil in the previous post in my LO for Sassy Scrappers, but I have also tested out the Marrakech stencil!

Marrakech Stencil
Marrakech Stencil
I combined it with the chicken wire heart and this  peacock I adore! 


Peacock and tail feathers
Peacock and Tail Feathers




I have to say the peacock was just divine to play with! I used a combination of embossing powders from Lindys Stamp Gang and mica pigment paint.


The title is a wordlet that I have also treated with embossing powders and Lindys Stamp Gang Spray!


The photo is of my Little Bro and his wife, I love this set of photos!


And here is the full page:
The quote is a stamp from Kaiser that just seemed "right" for the page!



Also had a play with the Diamond flourish stamp, deciding on a more subtle image made with the watercolour paint I used on the background. It was super easy, I just dropped the stamp (of course it was on purpose!!!!) on to the puddles I had made on the background before it was dry. Then just stamped away on different parts of the page..... it worked a treat.....a happy accident!
I just loved how it turned out!!
Diamond Flourish Stamp
Diamond Flourish Stamp



 


I tried my hand at lettering with a brush, the trick is ..... hold your breath and just do it quickly!!



And here is the page:




Oh Happy Day is a new stamp set that can be used as a stencil ( using the backing) or a stamp.....genius! 
Oh Happy Day stamp/stencil set
Oh Happy Day Stamp Set


So that is it for now, thanks so much for stopping by lovelies!
















3 comments:

  1. Both of these are stunning layouts, you have put a lot of detail on your back grounds and it shows.. wonderful peacock too.. love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really amazingly creative...& the gold totally delish...great page...love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful!! and your hand lettering is fab, that's not easy to do

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know you were here!