Monday, September 29, 2014

Creative Process Blog Hop

Hello Everyone, I have been tagged by the lovely, and extremely clever, Claire (Luckie) a fellow Scrap FX Design Team Member to participate in this Creative Process Blog Hop. So what is this I hear you say? Well it has been going for a while now (as I found out when I tried to tag a few other arty folk for this post) and it entails answering a few simple questions to get to know me a little better, then I will tag some other crafty peeps to keep it going the following week.
So here goes:

What am I working on now?
Currently I am working on a 50th Birthday card for a dear friend and a couple of canvases for my twin nieces that have been inspired by the awesome talent of Finnabair. I love creating these canvases but my room has suffered terribly and as a result it looks like a bomb has hit it!


So next on my list of things to do would be to clear a surface or two!

How does my work differ from others in my Genre?
This is a tough question to answer... I try not to stick to any one style for long, or compare my work to others. I just love trying all sorts of techniques and am inspired by so many other wonderful designers and artwork everywhere I look! I often just play till an idea develops and comes together. One thing I do struggle too do is to stop .... white space is elusive most of the time so I admire those minimal designers and there ability to keep it simple!!!!

Why do I create what I do?
I have inherited the crafty gene from my Mum who is pretty handy with the sewing machine (she comes from a long line of seamstresses and bead workers) unfortunately I am not much chop with needle and thread so I turned to glue, paper, paint and scissors!
I made cards for years before I did my first scrapbook page, then my obsession for papercraft really took over.
My passion for scrapping started when my first little fella' was born (he will be 17 this year), I started by making mini album as a pressie for my Mum. Back in the day there were no scrappy products but I did have plenty of stamps and embossing powders in my stash and I have not looked back since!
I love to create and I really get grumpy when I do not get into my room, (the rigours of life get in the way). I hate to have to do housework before hiding away to get messy!
So getting back to the question.... I do tend to ramble sorry.... I do what I do for me, primarily, it soothes my soul so to speak. I do love to record special family moments. It warms my heart when I see my boys having a sneak peek at my albums even if they are having a giggle!

How does my creative process work?
It all starts with a photo if I am scrapping, or an idea or technique I want to try if it is something else off the page. Sometimes if I am stuck I just start tidying my room and something sparks an idea and off I go getting all messy again! I get inspired by everything around me from magazines, advertisements to graphics on TV and of course there is Pinterest....we won't even go into that obsession with the little time wasting tool!!

Ok, that is me done, now it is time for me to tag some other creative types to answer the same questions, the 2 I have chosen produce some awesome work that I love and I hope you will enjoy a visit to their Blogs too.
The first is Elisabeth who can be found here, she does some absolutely beautiful work and is a fellow Scrap FX team member. She can best be described as a neat and pretty scrapbooker and card maker, but she also has been getting her grunge groove on lately.

The second arty friend I will tag, is Cindy, her creative home is here. Also an FX Design Team member and whips up some amazing backgrounds on her scrapbook pages and her off the page projects have so much detail to admire.

2 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know you were here!