Wednesday, February 10, 2016

"Looking Fabulous", My First LO for Colour Blast.


Hello and Happy New Year to all!
I have been a little quiet of late as I have been in Relax mode at the beach. Every year I switch off and enjoy going "Off Grid", so to speak, for the month of January. I use this time to recharge my batteries and get ready for the creative year ahead. So.... I am now back and trying to catch up on things, it is so hard to get back into the groove after the break, my mind is ready to explode with ideas!
The first share for 2016 is my very first project that I have created as a Design Team Member for another Aussie Company, "Colour Blast". I was lucky enough to get my hands dirty using their wonderful products, I can tell you now they are a heap of fun!
The details of this LO can be found on the Colour Blast Blog.

So without further ado here is my first project, a scrapbook page featuring my 2 boys looking smashing all dressed to impress for their cousins' wedding early in 2015:


I used the  Colour Blast Embossing Powders as well as the coordinating Shimmer Sprays on my  Scrap FX chippies  to get a metallic "grunged-up" look, they worked a treat!


So how did I do it I hear you ask? 
Too easy! 
I shall explain: 
First the background piece (which is left over alphabet "backing"..... yes I keep everything...you just never know!).
 I  gave it a spray randomly with a couple of Shimmer Spray colours:
 "Singing the Blues", "Dusty Charcoal" and "Steel".
  These sprays gave the raw chipboard a touch of colour and a hint of shimmer, I wanted more texture, so I then embossed sections of the panel with embossing powders in "Steel", "Dusty Charcoal" and "Snow White".
The Snow White gave a glittery effect.


On the Wings I did pretty much the same process, except instead of spraying I used a brush to colour the details. I just wanted the wing tips embossed, so I used an embossing pen and the 
"Steel"  Embossing Powder to achieve the look!
Take a closer peek:


So what is left? The chipboard words of course!


These are just embossed in the usual manner in the "Steel" colour then I sprayed the "Dusty Charcoal" and "Singing The Blues" Simmer Spray on top to create a bit of colour variation.


Lastly the Title:
 I embossed with "Steel" and "Snow White" to get a sparkle happening. Then sprayed with "Singing The Blues" to get a tinge of blue to coordinate with the background.
Here is a list of the Colour Blast products I have used: 
Shimmer Sprays:
Steel
Dusty Charcoal
Singing the Blues
Embossing Powders:
Snow White
Steel
Dusty Charcoal
You can get your hands on these products Here.
Here is a list of other products used:
Scrap FX:
Industrial Machines Transparency
Steampunk Wing L & R
Playground Alphabet
Wordlet
Facts to Remember
 Months of the Year Minis
2015 year pack

Other:
Viva Decore Metallic paint
Black paint
Vintage Findings by Prima
Tim Holtz Chit Chat words
Stamp by Scrapbook Diaries

So that is about it for me, be sure to keep cruising on back here to check out all the goodness that the other team members share.
Thanks for dropping by! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know you were here!