Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Catch up Art Journal Play!

Hello everyone! 
Back with a quick share of a few pages of my art journal, I have so many bits and pieces to catch up on so I will make this post a quickie I promise!
First one is in my favourite black journal!

I had a play with my new Scrap FX paintbrush stencil, I had fab fun making them look all arty, messy and drippy! 
After "tracing" through the stencil with a pencil, I used mostly water colours and pigment powders to get the colour onto the "Gessoed" page.


I outlined the brushes with my new favourite tool of all time...a Black Pico embellisher....just awesome!!!!! It will write on any surface and leaves a line that looks like it is embossed, how could you not love that???


I used more of the left over paint on the Scrap FX chipboard word, being careful not to put too much paint on the engraved plaque section as the lettering would be covered.

My next page is in my larger journal, 
I used what I call a "Smashed" page (a page I use up all my left over paint and stencil paint on), so my background was basically done, I just added a few more layers!
Once again I used a stencil from Scrap FX, "Vogue Girl". I painted her face with white Gesso then
filled in details with that Black Pico Embellisher and watercolour crayons and pencils.


The saying is a stamp by Donna Downey. 
I think I spy some Dina Wakley stencils in that background too.


The checkered pattern is a foam background stamp by Scrap FX, inked once but stamped several times, over the page. 


 That white writing at the bottom of the page is my white Pico Embellisher, just perfectly opaque, (whats not to love) you know how hard that is to find?

  

Lastly the flowers at the bottom of the page were created using Colour Blast Colour Paste in Bling through a stencil by Crafters Warehouse.
And that my friends is it for now, will be back shortly, I promise! 
Till next time!
Cheers, 
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know you were here!