I thought I would share my grand experiment results using new Colour BlastGoodies!
Now this page did not have a plan or turn out that well..... BUT....
So I hope you take away something to play with for yourselves from this pretty Blaah page!
So here is the page:
So lets get on with how I created it!
First step, glue down some printed tissue and Washi Tape with Gel Medium.
Here is where I made a mistake
and should have softened the background with a wash of Gesso
(This pushes the print back so the foreground Pops),
but I was too keen to play so just went for it!
Next make a paste with Mica Powder (Espresso) and Impasto.
The Impasto dries clear and has a shine so does
not effect the colour of the powder like texture paste would (makes it creamier and paler).
Apply the paste through a stencil onto the page.
While the paste is still wet sprinkle with Embossing Powder (Steel) in random spots,
and heat to activate.
I did this to try and make the stems more prominent against the background,
this is where I realised my mistake of the missing Gesso!
Now to play with the Colour Spray! Colours I used are, Grape, Saffron and Bubblegum.
Once the paste is dry just spray at random, adding water to "move" colours over the page.
Loved the vibrancy!
Dislike how it took over my stems though!
I did not like how the stems still "sank" into the background,
so to tried and make them pop by the application of Colour Paste Bling
to the buds back through the stencil.
Once dry the addition of the paste worked a little to bring the buds into the foreground.
So onward to the finishing touches,
sometimes you have to just go with it and give into where the page is going!
It is just an experimental page after all, does not have to be perfect!
Apply Black Soot Distress Ink through a stencil, in the corners to try and frame up the page.
Using the same Colour Spray colours, give some book paper die cuts a water colour look.
Adhere to the page and stamp a quote mounted on some black cardstock to the page.
And the page is done! I have to say I was not overly happy with the page
but I did have fun experimenting, and learnt what the products are capable of.
Not every page has to be a masterpiece, as long as you learn something from the process!
Here are a few details of the finished piece:
See you next time!