Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Fun Times, Friendship and Laughter.

Hi everyone told you I would be back! This time another catch up page created for Colour Blast complete with another tutorial....enjoy!


So lets begin a step by step how I created it:


I began by using Alpha stickers to create a textured background.

Coat the entire page with Gesso, covering the letters so that you are left with a blank canvas to work with.
Choose your colour palette, I have used: Colour Mica Powder in Polar & Colour Shimmer Dust in DukeCobalt and Navy.





    Spray the background lightly with water then add the powders starting with the lightest through to the darker colours.
    Move the page to move the colour and add more water for further movement.
    Soak up puddles with a baby wipe, and take off some colour where needed. I have taken some colour off the letters to make them pop a little! 


      Add a darker colour and a little shimmer with Dusty Charcoal Colour Shimmer Spray.

      I used a brush and the sprayer to move the colour around and add splashes.





        I wanted to make the letters stand out more so I used Colour Embossing Powders randomly in various colours, and layered them to create depth.

        The colours I used are: Singing the BluesSteel and Stormy Weather.





          After making a few more splashes I used grey acrylic paint and an old card to create thin stripes going down the page and over the textures.

          I added some Torn pieces of printed tissue with Gel Medium.





            Now time to add the photo that I mounted on layers of patterned paper from my stash.

            Now for the Title, simply treated with the same Colour Embossing Powders used for the lettered background.



              And the job is done!
              Here are a few more detailed shots for you: 


              Using alpha stickers as texture is so easy and turns out very effective. You can use up all the left over letters that you know you have in that stash!!! They do not all have to be that same font either.







              Until next time Happy Crafting!!!
              Hugs to all! 

              No comments:

              Post a Comment

              Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know you were here!